Oklahoma Estate Planning Lawyers
For most of us, it goes without saying that we want the valuable possessions we have earned over the course of a lifetime of hard work to go to our loved ones after we pass away. Whether it is a third generation family farm, a successful business built from the ground up or even family heirlooms and treasures, we want to pass these legacies on to our family—not just to provide for them, but also to preserve our family history. An estate plan of your own, one designed by an attorney who focuses on this area of the law, can help you accomplish this and many other goals.
You might be surprised to learn that estate planning can also address important issues during your lifetime and in end-of-life situations. For example, a well-designed estate plan can ensure that a person you trust can make medical and financial decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated. Without such a plan, someone may petition the Court to get control over your assets and medical care. Unfortunately, this could be a person you would not want to make important decisions for you. Worse, the court processes involved, known as guardianship and conservatorship, are expensive, time-consuming and frustrating.
This is just one example of what an estate plan can help you accomplish. Depending on your particular goals and needs, we can design a plan capable of achieving a great deal more, including:
- Ensure your minor children are raised according to your wishes if something happens to you and your spouse
- Allow you to control your assets while you are alive and well and if you become incapacitated
- Leave what you want to whom you want in the manner you want after you pass away
- Protect your assets against creditors, lawsuits, divorce and other threats
- Pass your values and sense of responsibility on to heirs
- Minimize income, estate, gift and other taxes
- Ensure your financial affairs and information about your family remains private
- Protect your heirs’ inheritances
We take a personal approach to helping our clients achieve goals like these. We will devote all the time needed to gain a thorough understanding of your unique needs and goals. We will explain all of your options in plain English, not confusing “Legalese.” Then, we will design a customized estate plan to achieve all of your goals.
In addition, we can collaborate with your accountant, insurance representative, financial planner and other advisors to make sure all of your needs are addressed. Once we complete and implement your plan, you will likely enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing your family and assets are protected.
We provide all of the following estate planning services and more:
Foundational Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Directives
- HIPAA Authorizations
- Revocable Living Trusts
Advanced Estate Planning
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Medicaid Asset Protection Trusts
- Retirement Trusts
- Minors’ Trusts
- Generation-Skipping Trusts
- Advanced Tax Planning
We invite you to contact us to schedule a personal meeting with one of our experienced Oklahoma estate planning attorneys.